My Blog List

Monday 23 June 2014

Keep Off The Grass!


Photo: Here's a sneak peek of my new Wimbledon kit for this year, hope you all like it, can't wait to get out on the court tomorrow. #allin #smashthesilence

It's that time of year again, the sun is out, the grass is riz, but if you don't like sport, you're a bit buggered were watching telly is concerned. I'm quite a sporty person, I watch a lot of it from my armchair and I've slept through many a cracking good tennis match.  I particularly love Wimbledon, which started today and I've already slept through most of Murray's first match....smashing! Seriously, why does tennis send me to sleep?
The main question this year though... can Murray do it again? I'm sure Novak Djokovic, amongst others, will be trying very hard stop him in his tracks if they make it far enough to play each other. Speaking of Novak, he's just about to play his first match so I'd better go and get ready for another nap!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not really a football fan, I've only been to one real football match in my life, to see Blackburn Rovers play Sheffield something-or-other. It was bloody freezing and we lost, so my interest in the World Cup is fairly limited. I have noticed however that a lot of blokes who normally play for English teams, are naturally, playing for their own countries. Watching England playing Uruguay was a bit like watching Liverpool beat Liverpool!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun Fact Of The Day

Meet Rufus. He has protected the courts of Wimbledon from pigeons since 2000. The groundskeepers no longer have to shoo away the birds, as Rufus keeps his Hawk eye on proceedings.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture of the Day

angry owl feather sticking out Picture of the Day: Angry Bird

This poor Owl is having a bad feather day.... perhaps he should join the cast of Angry Birds!

                                                                                   Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment