My Blog List

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Polish Your Dancing Shoes And Dust Off Your Bling! Start Dancing......

It's that time of year again....won't be long before the nights start drawing in and the clocks go back.  It's already getting a bit chilly of an evening (socks are being worn most of the time) and the duvet is being pulled higher up the bed.  Christmas is just around the corner... or so the shops would have you think, and it's nearly time for Strictly Come Dancing, my favourite show.

The celebrities have been announced.....

Strictly line-up

Top Row left to right - Abbey Clancy, Ashley Taylor Dawson, Ben Cohen, Dave Myers and
Deborah Meaden.
Middle Row left to right - Fiona Fullerton, Julien Macdonald, Mark Benton, Natalie Gumede and             Patrick Robinson.
Bottom Row, left to right - Rachael Riley, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Susana Reid, Tony Jacklin and                   Vanessa Feltz.

I've actually heard of all but one of them (Ashley Taylor Dawson).  I've just looked him up and he's an actor in Hollyoaks. Hopefully none of them will have two left feet....and I'm not sure who they are expecting to be the comedy turn this year, maybe Dave Myers or Mark Benton?

I see that ITV have jumped on the dancing bandwagon with new series Stepping Out where six celebrities are learning to dance with their real life partners.

Brian McFadden & Vogue Williams - Stepping Out
Brian McFadden and wife Vogue
Denise Welch & Lincoln Townley - Stepping Out
Denise Welch and hubby Lincoln
Oritse Williams & AJ Azari - Stepping Out
Oritse Williams and girlfriend AJ
Laurence & Jackie Llewelyn Bowen - Stepping Out
Laurence and Jackie Llewelyn-Bowen 
Carl Froch & Rachael Cordingley - Stepping Out
Carl Froch and Rachael Cordingley
Michael Brandon & Glynis Barber - Stepping Out
Michael Brandon and Glynis Barber

I watched the first episode and it was ok but it's not Strictly, they had some strange dancing styles.... Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen....in a kilt and wearing eye make-up, doing Street dancing!! (definitely an exclamation mark statement if ever there was one.)  The 'Front Row' judging panel of Mel B, Jason Gardener and Wayne Sleep went a bit ga-ga over Oritse and AJ, Tap dancing....can't say I was over impressed myself, but I thought Brian & Vogue and Carl & Rachael showed the most promise.

I know out my regular readers..... all six or seven of you, there is only one with any keen interest in Strictly so the rest of you will just have to skip the dancing posts. Shall we dance little brother?

                                                                                                   Tracey


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, we're an X-Factor house I'm afraid. But my money is on Vanessa Feltz to win ha ha. Is that Rachel Riley off of Countdown, I cant tell from that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is Rachel from Countdown. I think I'm getting too old for the X-Factor!

    ReplyDelete