My Blog List

Sunday 8 July 2012

Did I Tell You?


Did I tell you I'm 50 this year?  No?  Where have you been hiding...'cos I'm telling everyone?  When I was about fourteen, I asked a lady how old she was and she told me she was thirty four.  I thought that was positively ancient.... now I yearn for thirty-four *sigh*. As a child I used to work out how old I was going to be at each of the Olympics with particular emphasis on the 2000 games because it seemd sooo far away, when I would be thirty-eight.... I know, soooo old, and here I am three Olympics later staring down the barrel of 50.

Somehow it doesn't seem so old anymore.....

Oh dear.  I've just googled Celebrities who are turning 50 this year and it has to be said that one or two of them are starting to look a bit ropey.  Does anyone recognise this chap?
No?  How about now?

Come on Mum, don't let me down..........

That's right, it's Andrew McCarthy from the film 'Mannequin' which incidentally contains another of my favourite songs ever.


But I digress...where was I? Ah yes, did I tell you I'm 50 this year? Oh, Sorry, done that bit.
Finally, for my 50th Birthday, I'd like......
......to be 20
Thanks awfully x

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I get the feeling you are trying to tell me something, I'm just not sure what it is....

    ReplyDelete