My Blog List

Sunday 29 July 2012

My Day Out

I've been out for the day today.  I went to Southport and below is a picture of the house we lived in before we moved here in 1975.  We had the upstairs put in when my sister was tiny and my new bedroom was at the back.

.

Southport is somewhat famous for being the seaside town with no sea, so I took a stroll down the Coast Road to see if I could see the sea....


...... I couldn't see the sea!

So I thought, I know I'll go and see if I can see the sea from the end of the pier


.... but no, I couldn't see the sea from there either

Oooo! Look, is that the sea I see?


No, don't get excited. it's not the sea, it's the lake!!

Now some of you may be wondering, how on earth did she get to Southport and how could she wander around all day with that bad back?  Well I did go and I did wander around, but I never got out of my chair or left the house.... I went via google maps, you know, the ones you can climb into and walk around in.  How flippin' fantastic is that?  I can go anywhere, the world is my lobster...er...oyster!

I think we'll have more days out, so please leave any suggestions of where you might like to visit, in the comments of this post and I'll see what I can do.

8 comments:

  1. Very good - I was sat here thinking you had gone on the bus or something!! How about going a little further afield next time - Disneyworld maybe?
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the Job Centre...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thought you had gone with your parents or something !!

    Try coming to Burnham on Sea :-) lol

    Dizzy Di

    xx

    ReplyDelete