My Blog List

Saturday 19 July 2014

Too Darn Hot?

Er....what happened to the heatwave? I was assured by the weather lady that it was going to be preposterously hot yesterday and today. Yesterday was dull, dull, dull....there was a thunderstorm during the night and today it's raining! You would think that in 2014 they'd be able to do a better job of predicting these things...what with all the technology they have. I'm not entirely sure why I'm complaining. I hate being hot. I'm a big girl. (What? You hadn't noticed? Aw shucks, thanks.) Anyway, in a heat wave or even a normal hot day...I have a permanently wet fringe and turn a delightful shade of cherry tomato red. Even lifting an arm to have a drink of water breaks me out in a sweat! So I can't say I'm looking forward to this heat wave when it finally gets here as I've no doubt it will eventually...and if you can't reach me it'll be because I've melted!


Ann Miller singing 'Too Darn Hot' from the film 'Kiss Me Kate' (with incredible dancing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of the Day

There's nothing we British enjoy more than complaining about the weather, and this about sums that up.



Picture of the Day (2)

Just because it's cute!


                                                                      Tracey 

1 comment: