My Blog List

Sunday 24 June 2012

Now that's what I call Knitting!


Knitting has never been my friend, I couldn't cast on, I couldn't understand the patterns and I found it very very boring.  I did start a matinee jacket once for a friend's new baby but I've not finished it yet and the baby is twenty-four this year.  However, I might have tried harder if Yarnbombing had been about then, how cool is this?


and this....

....and this

I think I might have managed the cute little tree sweater, with a bit of help.

Yarnbombing is graffiti art for knitters and they often cover the objects in question during the night. One lady spent an entire week covering a disused single decker bus in colourful swatches of her work.  This strange but beautiful hobby is thought to have been started in America by a shop owner who was bored one day and decided to knit a little cover for her door handle.


Now then, who's going to cast on for me?

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I heard about this on the BBC Breakfast TV show last week. Strange, but can understand why some women would just have to do it ! I expect they are the ladies that do so much for charities bless 'em.

    Which reminds me, I must start that second crib blanket for forthcoming grandaughter....now what colour....pink, white, or purple?? Oh decisions, decisioin. :-)

    Dizzy Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree sweater and the bus stop bobble hat! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor Hababibi27 June 2012 at 11:38

    I like your knitting project it amusing very to me. But I have a small problem, maybe help me you can?

    I am a personal treasurer to Mikhail Khodorkovsky the Richest man in Russia and owner of the following companies: Chairman CEO:YUKOS OIL (Russian Largest Oil Company) Chairman CEO:Menatep SBP Bank (A well reputable financial institution with its Branches all over the world)

    SOURCE OF FUNDS:

    I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$100.5M, which I seek your Partnership in accommodating for me. You will be rewarded with 4% of The total sum for your partnership. Can you be my partner on this?

    INTRODUCTION OF MY SELF As a personal consultant to him, authority Was handed over to me in transfer of money of an American oil merchant For his last oil deal with my boss Mikhail Khodorkovsky.

    In order to help release your part of the funds I just need a Postal Order for £60. If you agree please email me all your bank details to victor.hababibi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete